Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Global Community

With the Blogger Carnival I stumbled across an entire community. I knew it existed before but I wasn't really a part of it. As I was reading the posts there and hearing other people's stories I realized that I wasn't alone. There is something comforting when other people understand what you're going through. When I was growing up my issues with therapy was that I didn't think they understood what I was going through. Trust is key... and if you don't think they relate to you then it is very difficult to open up. I am more honest online because I don't have to censor what I say. I can hide behind a wall of anonymity. No one has to see the pain or the look in my eyes. But the internet does create an entire community. Stories of pain... but also of hope and healing. I don't feel quite so alone any more.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats