Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What I Remember...

I am going to start this post with a warning. For one it could be graphic and disturbing. Secondly, I am not sure how much profanity will be involved... So be warned, especially for those people that know me in the "real world." This post is about what I remember from growing up...


Family

  • "You're never going to be good enough"
  • "Bitch, slut, whore," etc.
  • Cold, unemotional and unavailable father
  • Accused repeatedly of lying when I said I had never tried smoking... So I started smoking.
  • Self taught... I taught myself how to do everything because no one else was going to. (Neglect comes in many forms)
  • Over protective parents who tried to control me... instead of teaching me about life and what situations to avoid (see Relationships below)
  • Ambivalent attachments
  • Hate
Personality Traits/Psychological Disorders

  • Overachiever
  • Ghost in high school... just wanting to blend in and not stand out
  • Fear of being discovered as a fraud... that maybe my parents were right
  • Fear of abandonment/rejection
  • Serious trust issues...
  • Generally just fucked up

Relationships

  • They say you date someone like your father... in my case that was probably not a good thing
  • To most people a 5 year age difference in a relationship (when you're young) would send up red flags... Not to my parents. The end result: Raped at the age of 13
  • Raped again at 18 after being too intoxicated to give consent
  • Random sexual partners trying to fill the void... seeking acceptance
  • The forever association between sex and violence
  • Raped again by a co-worker (does it ever stop???)
  • Relationships filled with abuse... what the fuck is a healthy relationship?
  • Don't touch me
Coping Mechanisms (Maladaptive Coping)

  • Anorexic at the age of 10 (that's right I said 10)
  • Self-injuring by the age of 13... started one day in class with a compass. Been cutting myself off and on ever since. The longest I have stopped for was 3 years. Currently at the 6 month mark
  • Punching walls until drawing blood; heading to the ER for x-rays
  • Problem drinker by the time I went to university
  • Staying up late at night to avoid the fights (Phase delayed sleep disorder)

Therapy (the Good Kind)

  • Azrael (or any other pet that I've had)
  • Retail therapy (better then some of the self destructive methods any ways)
  • Sitting outside at night because it was the only time/place I felt safe... Alone... free to feel

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats