Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Justified Anger

I found out today that my former team manager has applied for a position at the Niagara Falls site. That news brings with it a certain amount of anger. I'm still not sure if it's justified or not... but I feel anger nonetheless. Nothing I did was ever going to be good enough for her. I worked my ass off day in and day out and it still wasn't enough. She cost me about $2000 with the LOA and I ended up on disciplinary action. If that wasn't enough she also cost me my raise and the possibility of a promotion. There was something satisfying about the fact she was an acting team manager until Diane comes back from maternity leave. I do not believe that she has earned the position. Chris will step on anyone to get what she wants. So the thought of her having a permanent position brings with it some unresolved anger issues. Not to mention the fact I was considering a position there when posted again... and Pat got a position there. I would really have to give it some thought if she was going to be the manager over me. I don't respect her and would have trouble with round 2.

I suspect that one way or another she will weasel her way in and will be around for a long time to come. Either she will head off to Niagara or a position will open up here and she will be given a permanent position. After all, Heather is also applying for a position there. So if she goes then a position would likely become available here. I pity anyone that works under Chris, I really do. I've been there... I know what the results are.

What I really don't understand is why they still think she is such a golden child. She is trying to turn it into a police state. None (or very few) of the PCs respect her. And when your subordinates don't respect you that's not a good sign. She showed her ineptitude with my LOA. How did it get to the point where I was considered a threat to myself or to others? Should it not have been dealt with sooner? I learned first hand that what your superior says goes and there is nothing you can do (or very little). Christie has said it's a night and day difference from what is in my file. That, to me at least, begs the question... Am I really that different now? Was the LOA really necessary? Or is it because I am away from my former TM? Dave was one of the most senior PCs and she made him feel like he couldn't do anything right. She openly insulted me in front of the agents. Some of her ideas just seem to be in left field. Since I went on my LOA back in January there are only 2 people still left on the team. Now 3 of them were promoted... but still. Those numbers don't seem to be very good. So why do they think so highly of her? She is one of the worst managers I've ever had... and yet they love her. I just don't get it...

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats