Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another Useless Argument

I called in sick this morning but had to get ahold of my ride to let him know I didn't need a ride. All I wanted to do is go back to bed. After all it was 8:30 in the morning and I called in sick so that I could get some sleep. I was also in the middle of a Fibromylgia flare-up so there was a great deal of pain. Steve was trying to tell me what career path to take. He seemed to think that I should apply for Tier 2 so that I could get the apple certifcation. Then I could get a job elsewhere and potentially make more money. In theory it sounds nice, especially given my current circumstance. But it is a lateral move... In the interim I would be making the same amount of money. And, in the company, I would be limiting my career advancement. So yes it might be helpful if I was planning to relocate but otherwise I am not sure how it would be a good move. I'd have to go through the training... and then would not be able to apply for anything else for 6 months. As a performance coach I have a better shot at moving up to TL or TM. In all honesty I do not like troubleshooting. My degree is in psychology not computers. I prefer the coaching and would rather be a performance coach, especially if I am making the same amount of money. While it would be nice to be Apple certified it's not the be-all and end all in my world. I'm not sure why it turned into an argument any ways. Can't I decide what to do with my life? I have been working towards a team leader (if I relocate) or a team manager (if I stay here) position. It seems like that decision would be a step backwards. Not only should it be my choice and that decision should be final... but it's also not a discussion I want to have at 8:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats