Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Therapy

The inevitable question when people found out about my past is whether or not I've been in therapy for it. Not everyone asks it... but a few people think it. So to answer that question... yes... and no. When I was in high school I was forced to see the school board counsellor on account of the self-injury. They were concerned I might kill myself. I just lied to her on a weekly basis about how things were going. And after a semester moved home again. Even before that I did go see an art therapist. That was decent. Throwing clay at the wall is very therapeutic. The downside was when my parents decided to send my sister along. I made the mistake of thinking confidentiality actually applied and for the first time admitted there was abuse. Should have been a positive thing... that is until my sister told my parents. Then it became a nightmare. And that was the end of therapy. After being date raped when I was 18 I was back to therapy briefly. Then my dad decided I really didn't need it and stopped paying. Since I was unemployed that was the end of that. And the only other time I've gone is when Adam went psychotic and I was concerned. That wasn't terribly useful... and I haven't been back. Well okay with my LOA I got forced to see a psychiatrist but that wasn't really therapy... that was prescribed drugs. Maybe someday I will... but I doubt it

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats