Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Obsession

Maybe it's just me... but if I ever found myself saying to a guy "Every time we have sex you are hammered" I'd think it was time to cut my losses and walk away. What makes that worse is that I just had that conversation but in reverse. That was followed by the offer of sex. No... I am still sober. As bad as that sounds I have no interest in this person, as anyone who knows me is well aware. But I have tried being subtle and I have tried being blunt and nothing sinks in. Neither has the 3 relationships during the time in which he has been obsessing over me. I guess even the fact I have to be drunk for him to take advantage of the situation doesn't even phase him. Some people see only what they want to.

From a legal standpoint someone who is intoxicated cannot give consent. I can drink until I have alcohol poisoning. I stop drinking when the bar closes. Might explain why I don't go out very often these days. I tend to forget these things called limits. There is no sense of reason left. While I may not appear intoxicated and can still hold a conversation I am still not in a position to be thinking clearly, or thinking at all. This is a large part of the reason I have an impending court case. Partially my own stupidity... but guess what... if I say no and pass out... that is not an open invitation. So for those people on the fence about that situation... I did not ask for this. Drugs and alcohol are not a defense on his part.

From a moral standpoint that's just wrong. If someone is drunk, guy or girl, it's just a bad idea all the way around. It it happens once okay fine... mistakes happen... bad call. But if you are looking for them to be drunk so that you can take advantage of the situation... what does that say about you?

What makes the entire conversation even more interesting is that the other day the same person tried to tell me the reason they don't get any dates is because of the nice guys who are out there. The ones he called rapists.... the wolves in sheeps clothing. I made the mistake of saying that I think Mike made a mistake and I don't think he meant for it to happen. This person then said he didn't believe that for an instance. Yet he has no problem with me being drunk so he can try and take advantage of the situation... a predator waiting for his opportunity. Which one is worse?

Looks like another sleepless night for me since I can't get this out of my head now. Just proves to me once again what type of person he really is. *Sigh* Still no way out of this situation. Three years and I still haven't found a way. Time to crawl back into bed and forget this nightmare.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats