Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Sound of Silence

Today I am really enjoying the sound of silence. I understand why monks would make a vow of silence. Or maybe it's just the fact I don't want to listen to more background noise.

I've spent much of the day at home avoiding the madness and insanity in last minute shopping. I find I just get aggravated in crowds. Instead, I've been watching CSI and just relaxing. For the most part it has been working, except when the roommate/stalker is around. Now he just sets me off on a good day... I get annoyed when someone tries to come across as an expert in a subject when it is clear that they don't know what they are talking about. Even more so when they want to debate it with you. For the most part I am not one for small talk. Sme of that comes from the fact I am always thinking... or focused on something... and my brain has trouble processing conversations these days. I don't say much out of fear that deficit will show. But, at least with this individual... I also don't want to fake interest in the daily routine of their life. I didn't work today so I don't have much of an interest in the calls you had... Let me enjoy my day off. Nor do I care about his current thoughts on video editing. That is my area and I don't like to be second guessed... especially by someone that has no knowledge of what is involved. And as for asking me what I am working tomorrow... since the call center is only open 8 hours I am working the same shift as everyone else. Just stop talking, unless there is something useful to say... let me enjoy the peace and quiet.

"When you speak, your speech should have been better then the silence would have been" (Origin unknown)

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats